cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline down- No dial tone

Kelly15
Joining in

Hello, 

I’ve telephoned VM 6 times in the last week regarding my landline being down. 
I was firstly told that there is a switchover happening & i need a new hub which I received today. 
After setting up my new hub my landline still had no dial tone so I rang VM back to be told the switchover won’t be happening in my area for at least another 3-4 months and my home phone should still be connected to the wall socket. I was then passed to the technical team to resolve the landline issue. After checks he said there is an outrage issue in my area & a report was sent to fix this & it would be resolved within 4-6 hours and that I would receive a text when the service is up & running again. Within an hour my home phone rang and my dial tone was back. I checked around 30 mins after & again the dial tone has gone, outgoing/incoming calls can’t be made. I have since received a text stating that the issue has been resolved. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paul_DN, 

The issue has now been resolved thank you. I ended up speaking to an advisor via live chat & they booked an engineer as they said I had a server issue. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kelly15,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, really sorry to hear you have been facing an ongoing fault with your Landline Phone which you were first advised was due to need to be switched over.

I was unable to locate you on our system with thew details we have for you, how are things today, is your Landline now working, if you are still facing issues I would like to help get this resolved.

I will send you an invite into a private chat, please look out for the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul_DN, 

The issue has now been resolved thank you. I ended up speaking to an advisor via live chat & they booked an engineer as they said I had a server issue.