cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline down AGAIN!

GJ_12345
Joining in

It's barely a month since the last time, and June and January before that.  It was ok yesterday but is dead this morning.  This is very frustrating as I rely on the landline as the mobile signal is so poor here.

Please help.  Thanks

Graham

5 REPLIES 5

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Graham 👋

Welcome back to the community! So sorry to hear you are having issues with your landline service again. 

Does this mean you do not have a dial tone when picking up the handset? 

Having had a little look for you it does appear there is a known local outage affecting your service. This is due to be resolved by 6pm this evening (02.11.23)

You can check for local outages 👉 https://virg.in/service or by calling 📞 0800 561 0061

Please do keep us posted about your service so we can continue to offer support if needed! 
Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, no dial tone, engaged tone on calling in, click when going off-hook with old wired phone.

I've just checked via that link and it shows no issues applicable to my postcode.  What issues are you aware of that don't appear there? 

No problem! Glad to help. 

There is a known listed landline outage when running a check for you. Sincerest apologies that this is not appearing on the checkers for you! The team are aware of the outage and are completing works to get this sorted. 

Please do let us know if you do continue to have issues following the end of the outage listed above (6pm today) and we can offer further support if needed! 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! 🌞

Molly

Hi Molly_T

It's nearly 7pm and landline still not working!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Graham

Hi Graham, 

Checking the ticket it looks like the fix date/ time has been amended to 07/11/2023 18:00:00.

We're sorry for any delay in resolving.

Alex_Rm