cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline doesn't always ring

hilmas
Joining in

Hi,

My partner's 94 year old mother recently had her phone line changed to fibre. Her phones are Panasonic KXTG6622. She is housebound but since this change there have been several instances where her telephone goes unanswered and does not switch to answerphone. She has confirmed that it is not ringing at her end. As this is an intermittent fault it is difficult for us to diagnose the problem however the fact that it is not switching to her answerphone suggests it is not connecting at her end.

We are prepared to purchase new phones but do not want to do so if this won't resolve the problem. Obviously it is very concerning when we can't reach her by telephone when we know she is at home.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello hilmas

This is not a good situation at all. I am sorry this is happening and it must be a big worry for everyone 

Can I please send you a Private message 

I will need your Mothers details so I can check the account and get this investigated 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello hilmas

Hope your well

Quick message to see how the visit went 

Fingers crossed its all been sorted for you 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

We are hopeful that it is sorted. Apparently the signal was quite weak so problem was probably it dropping out.

Engineer has replaced an old part and used a different port and signal is stronger so hopefully has solved the issue.

Many thanks for your help in sorting this.

Kind Regards

Hilary