cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline disconnected

WDM1
Joining in

My elderly mother had her landline disconnected as she misread the letter issued. She thinks it is being reconnected today but how can we check if it is? It is her only means of communicating with the family 

13 REPLIES 13

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @WDM1 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that your mother's landline has disconnected. 

Was the communication received regarding a home phone switch over where the landline service was moving off the copper network to a digital IP system through a broadband router?

If so, do you know if they received any equipment from us like an adapter in the post? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I believe it was but she didn’t respond to any correspondence so May not have received anything 

The adapter would have been sent automatically through the post if that's all that was needed. 

Do you know if your mother has a broadband service with us at all? If so, do you know what model of hub they have?

There are pictures of all the router models here in 'Understand what the lights mean on the WiFi Hub' to help if needed

Here to help 🙂
Carley

She has not had anything. She was told it would be fixed today but did not know how. 

WDM1
Joining in

Not sure what broadband hub she has . Could do with speaking to someone if possible 

Ah okay. 

Was she informed this was regarding the switchover? The letter would've had a date in which the switchover date will be happening. 

Is there any information regarding any outages that are affecting her postcode at this time? You can check the service status page here.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

WDM1
Joining in

Can you check get line to see if it is being reconnected? 

When should her line be fixed, can you check if I give you her number 

I can check at our side yes @WDM1

We would need to pass account security to be able to discuss the account. 

Are you able to pass account security on the account? If so, I can invite you into private message to discuss further. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley