cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline disconnected

CP23
Joining in

Discovered two weeks ago when I came home from a stay in hospital that my landline has been disconnected. Logged into app where I found a message saying "thank you for making changes to your package" - landline and broadband were both disconnected. I had made no changes, wasn't even home with access to be able to make changes!

After several lengthy calls and Virgin insisting it must have been me who made the changes to the package, I eventually came across a helpful staff member who was able to send out a new router to allow me to reconnect my phone & broadband. 

I have installed this today but now find that I have lost the telephone number I have had for 45 years.

4 REPLIES 4

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CP23, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you've endured recently. 😞
May I ask if you'd still like to get your old number back?

If so, let us know and I will pop a private message to try and see what we can do.
We can't guarantee that you'll get your number back, but we can try and see.

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas. 

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ilyas, 

I would like to retain my old number. The fact that I would lose it was never even spoken about. When I phone customer services and it asks for my landline number it still accepts my old number as being attached to line, so hoping it can be transferred over.

I have also been paying for a service (landline telephone) this month that i have not had.

Thanks for the reply @CP23 on the forums. 

As stated, there is no guarantee but we will try our best.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @CP23 on the forums.

Unfortunately we weren't able to assist due to other reasons.
However our doors will be open for a web chat with yourself.
As you have advised us - you will ring in, let us know how it goes and whether or not you still need us.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team