Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Landline disconnected want to restore old number

In December we made changes to our TV package. Unfortunately VM decided to disconnect our landline instead.

I connected VM about their error and they said it would be reconnected within a fortnight. After chasing them up the line was active once more on Wednesday but with a temporary number. The engineer promised that the old number would be ported within 24 hours, This did not happen

A subsequent engineer told me that as the number had originally been with BT (at our former house) we would need to contact them. BT told me that as their phone infrastructure is quite separate from VM it would be VM who had to restore the number and that VM were fobbing me off.

I understand that numbers go into a pool but I cannot see an old number being reused within a couple of weeks.

I have called VM customer services God knows how many times and I have spent the best part of a month going round in circles.

I need advice on how to get this resolved sooner rather than later.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline disconnected want to restore old number

Hi Greg21, 

Thank you for your post, I am sorry for your experience. We would need B.T's permission to port the number as the number does not belong to us. When we have this if the number is still active we can port it.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos