Menu
Rak
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline dialling issues

Received a call from Virgin offering to upgrade Internet to 350mbps: accepted upgrade and since then I can't make any calls outside Glasgow (0141) area on landline.  Strange that this issue has occurred at just the same time as the speed was upgraded.  1571 feature no longer working either. Any help / advice gratefully received!  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline dialling issues

Welcome to our Community Forum Rak and sorry to hear about your landline issues.

I'm unable to find your details to check but can you confirm whether you're able to make calls to mobile also or is it just affecting non 0141 Glasgow numbers? Are you able to receive all calls from both in and out of Glasgow and mobile numbers?

Can you also confirm how your landline handset is connected? Is it via a wall socket or directly into the Hub?

Sorry for the questions but I just want to get a better understanding of the issue.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Rak
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Lisa and apologies for taking so long to reply!  

The phone is plugged directly into the wall.

Can make calls to mobiles and to 0141 numbers.  I am receiving incoming calls via mobile and 0141 numbers.  Not sure if able to receive incoming calls from landlines non 0141 numbers though.

Hope this helps and thanks again for your help - much appreciated.

Thanks

Ricky 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for coming back to us - I have checked the telephone status and details on our end and I can confirm that they are presenting themselves incorrectly. As you're able to receive some calls from within 0141 but not outside the area, we'll need to speak to BT to check the routing on their network to make sure it's presenting itself okay.

Because it's a BT number, the calls seem to be bouncing from BT and Virgin Media exchanges so we will contact BT and trace the steps. Once I've done that, I'll pop back here with any updates.

Thanks for your continued patience 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Rak,

I've spoken with BT today and they have confirmed that the number has ported successfully. Can you please try making some calls to see if you're still having issues?

If so, just let me know and we can arrange for an engineer to come and take a look at the property.

Regards,

Beth

0 Kudos