cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead

NoLndlineTW94DS
Joining in

I've been without a landline for several weeks. Several times I tried running the "only takes a couple of minutes" tests via the phone "helpline", but when phoning back after 10 minutes I was just prompted to repeat the same thing. I have tested the line with another (self-powered) handset and it is still dead. Very frustrating that I no longer seem to be able to phone a human to request help. Please sort my problem out! Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @NoLndlineTW94DS,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about your issue with the landline, I have checked into our systems and don't see anything that should be affecting it, can you confirm for me do you have a dial tone?

Have you also tried running any of the diagnostics listed on our website here?

Hope this helps. Joe

Hello Joe,

Thanks for responding. I have no dial tone. I've just rechecked with both the DEC phone in the house, and a separate self-powered handset. No tone in either case. I also had a quick look at the junction box outside the house ... the two thin phone wires (one white, one blue) appear to be intact, undisturbed, connected.

Chris N.

Hi there,

Thank you for checking everything, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have you you and can see there is a potential fault effecting your Phone, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.