cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead

widdershins
Tuning in

Hi,

Hope someone can help here where the phone-based customer service agent couldn’t please.

I’ve had no landline service since at least Friday. (I don’t use it often, but I do use it.) There have been problems with other services in the area so I thought it might resolve. It hasn’t. 

The fault was reported yesterday and I was told that the line wouldn’t be fixed because of the upgrade happening so I might as well go ahead with having an engineer booked to install the new fibre cabling. Fair enough. Except I just got an email telling me that my area isn’t ready for this yet. 
I’ve still got no working landline and I’d like it to be working.
Ta. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @widdershins, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have been having issues with your landline, I have checked our system and can see that there is an SNR issue in the area with the reference F010201979. The estimated fix time for this is 27/10/22 at 09:05.

Res assured the team will be doing all they can to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @widdershins, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have been having issues with your landline, I have checked our system and can see that there is an SNR issue in the area with the reference F010201979. The estimated fix time for this is 27/10/22 at 09:05.

Res assured the team will be doing all they can to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks for the info Nathan.
Much appreciated.

No worries, if you need any further updates let me know. I will be happy to check for you.

Regards

Nathan

Well! Seemingly all is now hunky dory in my area issue-wise - according to the service status - and yet I still have a completely unusable, dead as a Dodo, landline. No tone, no nothing. 

I’ve done all the checks asked of me on the website… nothing. Seems I’m very much not alone with loss of this service after having a cursory look through this forum and on Twitter.

It is now almost a week since I noticed the fault and 4 days since it was officially reported. I’m paying for a service I don’t have and would quite like to use.

What the heck is happening? 

Hi widdershins 
Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry it's not fixed. You do need a tech visit as I've checked the switch and all fine on there.

Will send you a PM now to get some details

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

paulmcfa
On our wavelength

woke up this morning to my landline dead. no way of simply contacting u via an online form. no way of using 150 as the phone is dead and the alternative is to cost me money. i need the landline today and do pay alot for it. socket is in etc etc.

Hi paulmcfa

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the landline today.

Have you had an emails/texts or letters about the digital switch over in your area yet?

If not, do you have another handset you can try?

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

paulmcfa
On our wavelength

can u please sort out the sm6 landline problems dead today. u know it'll be the green boxes on the street which have been vandalised and u spend not a penny upkeeping.

paulmcfa
On our wavelength

no nothing. i don't even know what that means. the area is sm6 postcode