cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead

CJP1971
Joining in

Hi,

I see quite a few posts about dead landlines. I went on holiday and noticed when I returned that there is no dialling tone, no calls in or out, and if I call the number it says line busy.My phone says 'check phone line'. I have bought a new cable and phone in case it was an internal issue, and attached the cable to directly to wall and not the socket - nothing works.

The website is not much help, and I cannot get through to anybody on the phone, having tried 9 times yesterday ... help, please!

8 REPLIES 8

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @CJP1971, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with the landline services, and the difficulty reporting this to us.

Thanks for your efforts in trying to find the fault in your own time, however, can you please confirm that the landline is plugged into the master socket, and no other pieces of equipment are plugged into any extensions when trying the line?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

Yes I have plugged 2 different phones and cables directly into the master socket, and there is no dialling tone and line is busy if rung from my mobile.

Thanks,

Thanks for confirming @CJP1971, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and we'll have an engineer arranged for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @CJP1971, I've been able to book in an engineer appointment for you.

Furthermore, I'd need to advise that;

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank you David.

Please can you advise when the engineer has been booked for, as the website is down at the moment and I cannot check!

Thanks again,

Thanks for coming back to me. Do you have access to the My Virgin Media application?

In relation to the website, what issues are you experiencing? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

On my pc it says 'bad request' if I try to log in and on the ipad it just says to try again later as there are some issues.

I have a text now saying the appointment is next week, so that is OK. I just hope I don't have to amend it ...

Thanks again.

Thanks for coming back to me @CJP1971.

Do please keep tabs on your self-care account and if the problem persists, come back to us.

You're welcome to also keep us updated with the pending engineer visit.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn