cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead

BigAl33
Tuning in

Hi. This message is for the Forum team. I need an engineer. My landline was discovered down/dead on Thursday 28th July. I am going around in circles. When I telephone Virgin, the answer is checking the line, call back in 10 minutes which I do several times. This cycle carries on with no answer. I then carry out all the landline checks including the test socket. The landline remains dead. I cannot talk to a live person. There is no instruction to ask for an engineer’s visit. So you can empathise with me that I am feeling frustrated, annoyed and let down by this lack of service. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BigAl33

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community

Sorry for the landline issues

Will send you a PM now

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BigAl33

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community

Sorry for the landline issues

Will send you a PM now

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Morning @BigAl33

Thanks for sending me those details.

Is there a dial tone on the phone? If not, are you connected to the master socket or via an extension?

Do you have any other pieces of equipment connected to your phone socket? This may include:
• Other telephones 
• Personal Computers 
• Faxes 
• Modems 
• Satellite TV digiboxes 
• Micro-filters 
• ADSL modem or router 
Looking at the above, is it more or less than 3?
Finally,
• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON. 
• Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets. 
• Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in. 

John_GS
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable
<< I then carry out all the landline checks including the test socket. The landline remains dead. I cannot talk to a live person. There is no instruction to ask for an engineer’s visit. So you can empathise with me that I am feeling frustrated, annoyed and let down by this lack of service. << Looks like you have done all the checks you can possibly be expected to do. I can empathise with your frustration and annoyance by the lack of service. You're not alone.

Hey Jon975, thanks for posting on our forum page and sorry to hear about the issue with the landline and the frustration caused.

We're happy to help with this, please expect my PM here shortly so we have a closer look into the problem.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. 
Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello John. The only equipment plugged into the virgin telephone socket(s) is the main landline telephone, and one extension telephone. As I said previously I have fully tested the telephones, and including the virgin test telephone socket. There is no dialling tone on either telephone.

PS. Somebody with the name Adri_GS has just come on the forum saying he can help, but he called me Jon975. Scam? 

Hi BigAl33, I'm Adri and I'm happy to help you with the issue with your landline 🙂
Please, reply back to that PM and I will assist from there.

It's not a scam btw, you may visit this page where you can see my name under the forum VM employees. 
Thanks for querying this.

Adri
Forum Team

Hello Jon975,

Thanks for posting here, we're sorry to hear about the landline issue you're having.

I am eager to help with this, please have a look for the PM I will send you shortly.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

Hello Adri.The only equipment plugged into the virgin telephone socket(s) is the main landline telephone, and one extension telephone. As I said previously I have fully tested the telephones, and including the virgin test telephone socket. There is no dialling tone on either telephone.

Regards