Menu
saintsmen
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Landline dead

Hi

My Landline is dead no dial tone,done all the obvious tests,reset phone connection and tried another known working phone but still nothing,cant get through to customer services to report this.

Any help would be welcome.

Andy

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline dead

Hi saintsmen,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out the community forums. Sorry to hear that you are having landline issues. I've run a remote diagnostic and it does show that your service is currently being impacted by an area fault [F008636000] with an Estimated Repair Time 03 Dec 2020 at 20:05.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
saintsmen
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update,will check again later tonight.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No worries, saintsmen. Keep us posted.

0 Kudos
saintsmen
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Just checked my line again this morning and is still dead,do you have any further update on this fault.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, sorry to hear this is still occurring, saintsmen. I've attempted to book an engineer visit for you, however it does appear one is already booked for you.

0 Kudos
saintsmen
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes booked for tomorrow pm

0 Kudos
ICS
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There was an outage on 2 December. When the service was restored 8 hours later (bad enough) the landline did not work. There was a message on the phone saying line chord error so I tested the phone on neighbours who have viorgin and BT lines. the phone doesn't work on the virgin neighboutr's line but works perfectly on the BT line. so its not the phone. I have since run diagnostic checks which say no error but then that my phone is engaged which it definitely isn't. As a result of having no landline, my wife has missed a very important medical phone appointment this morning. I have spent the last 4 hours testing phones and hanging on waiting to speak to someone. The service is totally unacceptable and I wish oh I wish I had never renewed my virgin contract. I have enough stress in my life without this!!!

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi ICS,

Sorry to hear that you are having landline issues and that your wife missed an important call. I've run some diagnostics and our records is showing that you have been in touch since your post. Has the issue been resolved?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
ICS
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Corey yes it has - it was a line fault that the person on the telephone put right remotely. So that's good. However I have complained as we without a phone for nearly 48 hours and trying to inform Virgin was nigh on impossible. Your diagnostics check said first that the line was ok and then that the phone was engaged which it clearly wasn't. After the outage on Wednesday it was obvious that Virgin should have checked and re set every individual line affected. As a result of your not doing this my wife missed an impotant doctor phone appointment this morning, which we are having trouble rearranging, and I have wated 3 hours today checking my hanset is ok and on the phone waiting for you guyts to answer. Its rubbish service.

0 Kudos