Menu
jimsculley
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Landline dead

Hi there my landline has no dialling tone, so cannot dial out. Also cannot receive calls. The handset displays a message “check line cord”. Couldn’t see any problem with cord, and tried another cord with no result. Tried another handset...still no joy! I did an online Virgin test which came back As showing no fault on the line.
i have major health issues & have different hospital services ring me from time to time, I am worried I will miss an important call even though they have my mobile number too as they seem to always call my landline number when contacting me.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline dead

Hi jimsculley,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear your landline isn't working, I appreciate the things you have checked already.

Could you unplug everything from the phone socket including any extensions or filters ETC then try the phone only in the sockets?

When you say you have tried a different phone was this a totally separate phone or another one than is part of the set, if possible could you try a basic none electric old style phone?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
jimsculley
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Yes have tried an old style non electric handset...still no joy, just dead. Traced the wire to the outside junction box which seems old & rickety..possibly where the fault lies. An engineer visit maybe?

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jimsculley, 

thank you for your reply, I can book an engineer for you 🙂

I will pop you over a private message so keep an eye out for the purple envelope 

Thanks,

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jimsculley, 

I am glad we could book you an engineer to come and look at this for you, please let us know how your visit goes and if this helps? 

All the best

Zoie

0 Kudos
jimsculley
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, engineer called & detected faults in the connection box  outside the house. Everything now working. Thanks to all! 😊

0 Kudos