Menu
dippydot
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline dead

Just noticed our phone indicating to "check phone line" and found there is no dial tone. Unplugged that one and tried another phone in the socket and that too has no dial tone. Phoned in via my mobile but no ringing on the landline.

Checked via test facility on web site but says no problems.

We are in lockdown as classed as vulnerable.

I notice that there a a few people with landline problems at the moment - maybe it's this wind??

Hope someone can shed some light on the matter?

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline dead

I would advise calling in and getting an Engineer visit, if you've tried 2 already working phones and have no dial tone, chances are there's an issue externally with your line. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your landline dippydot,

I have been able to locate your account and can see that an engineer visit has been raised for you on Wednesday. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
dippydot
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Engineer has been and all fixed. We had a damaged cable and some configuration problems at the street cabinets.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear the update @dippydot - thanks so much for popping back and letting us know. 

You know where we are if you need anything. Stay Safe. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos