cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead since Sunday

aknight7200
Joining in

We had a powercut ob Sunday and since then the landline has been dead.

Would you please explain how to book an engineer when your service status thinks everything is ok, it just keeps asking me to call 150 which I cannot do, makes me think about the PC BIOS message Keyboard not found, press F1 to continue.

8 REPLIES 8

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi aknight7200, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your landline service, we will do all we can to help. 

Before we proceed, can you please confirm the following?

Is your phone connected to the Hub or main socket?

Do you have a dial tone or is there no noise on the handset when you use it?
Have you checked all cables are secure and without damage?
Have you been able to test another handset to rule out an equipment fault?

Thank you, 

Nat

Not through the hub

Yes

No dial tone

Yes, have also tested the phone which was in place at a neighbours

It's always the same problem after a powercut, the telephone line does not restore.

Thanks for coming back to us @aknight7200.

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this one for you.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @aknight7200, I've been able to book in an engineer appointment for you. 

For details of the time and date of the appointment, and if you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

Furthermore, I'd need to advise that;

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

aknight7200
Joining in

Thank you, but my initial question still has not been answered, in that by using your website how do book an engineer when your service status thinks everything is ok, the actual problem is with your green cabinet not recovering correctly after a powercut. [MOD EDIT: Inappropriate content]

Hey @aknight7200,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If the service checker does not find any faults in the system it would not advise to book a technician, in these cases we would ask you reach out and speak to a member of the team via one of the methods here.

With regards to getting the cabinet checked, any of our technicians will be able to give it a look when they come for a service visit.

Hope this helps. Joe

I would highly doubt any of your technicians would be capable of checking the cabinet unless it's never been checked over the last 11 years, because that is how long it's been faulty and not recovering from a powercut.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We can appreciate the frustration caused, 

With the appointment the team will investigate all necessary details to get this back up for you.

Do you have an appointment booked? As advised above there doesn't seem to be an area fault raised for this matter. 

Regards,

Kain