Menu
rayhulbert
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Landline dead - no dial tone from master socket

Hello, my landline has been dead (check line cord) all morning.

A neighbour has checked it for me and confirmed there is no dial tone from the master socket.

Online tests shows no error found.

He called support but gave up after 30 minutes waiting on his mobile.

I am elderly and disabled and need my phone line - please send an engineer to check

Thankyou

Ray

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
rayhulbert
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline dead - no dial tone from master socket

Finally managed to get through to support and they are investigating and passed it to another team - could take up to 48 hours to fix !!

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @rayhulbert

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post; I am sorry about the issue with your landline - I have been able to locate your account and I can see that you are currently impacted by an area issue. Aas yet we have no estimated fix time listed but we're working on this for all customers impacted. 

Please keep us posted through the day and we can continue to check for updates for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rayhulbert
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou Katie.

An update.

A virgin engineer arrived today to see my next door neighbour who had the exact same problem. I asked the engineer if he was also here to fix my problem but he said he was not !

The engineer has fixed my neighbours phone line by going to the cabinet on the main road and moving wires about - the engineer confirmed there is an area issue and up to 120 numbers could be affected. He said he would tell the networking team that my phone is still not working.

It is disappointing that an engineer can be sent to neighbouring properties with the same fault but not fix them both. Our contract runs out in September and will give Sky another go I think.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @rayhulbert

Thanks for the update - very unusual that a technician was able to be booked for a specific customer if there is a known area issue; they system does not allow this to happen. 

I have checked your account and the issue is still open - this has been logged under reference number F008170501. 

After checking the details, it advises that a technician was onsite today just after Midday. There is an issue with one of the local cabinets which is being worked on. Estimated fix time for this issue is currently 8pm this evening. 

Please let us know how things are looking your end. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rayhulbert
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Katie,

My phone line started working again sometime between 2 and 3pm. No engineer called at the house. Will monitor over the weekend.

Thanks

Ray

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Ray,

Thanks for updating us, please let us know if you need anymore assistance and we'll be more than happy to help further 🙂

How is it performing today?

Megan_L

0 Kudos