Menu
Tearoad78
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline dead for 4 days

Since Thursday 1st October no dialing tone just clicking noises.  Incoming calls get 'line busy' message.  Checked all connections and batteries, tried another phone on the socket.

Elderly relative with Dementia has an automated Fall Alarm connected to the landline, therefore this is not working either

Only TV problems reported in this area.  

Looked for Live Chat but it doesn't seem to exist, read suggestions that heavy rain may have affected the cables, how long would this problem last?

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline dead for 4 days

Hi Tearoad78,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there's an issue with the line, 

Do you have more than one phone handset in use? If so, can you go round and check that no other handset are off the hook.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Tearoad78
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

Managed to get through to Customer Service and spoke to Zane. When I explained the circumstances about an elderly relative he arranged for an engineer to visit the same day and the phone line was working a few hours later.

There was apparently a problem with cables outside the house and the engineer identified and fixed the fault.

It was difficult to contact anyone at Virgin, but when I did manage to get through the situation was dealt with straight away.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tearoad78

Whilst i'm glad your issues seem to be resolved.  I would like to double check to ensure everything is in order and up to date on the account, to make sure if the phone line ever went down again that there's not a similar issue to get the fault fixed.  I am going to send a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos