Menu
Jon230
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Landline dead after late night call

Hi There,

We had a call at around 12.45am this morning on our home phone. We answered and the line was dead. So I hung up and dialled 1471 and it was still dead. Then a couple of moments later it rang again, it was again dead. Went back to bed got up this morning and the phone line is still dead.

If we ring our home phone is does not ring and just cuts straight off. I have checked the line on the virgin help page and it says the line is working fine??

Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline dead after late night call

Hello Jon230,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear about your landline being dead. Can you clarify whether there is a dial tone when you pick up the handset or does "dead" mean that there are no dial tones or any tones whatsoever? I've had a look at the routing on your telephone line and it looks fine so I'm trying to see if it's a physical problem or if we need to dig deeper into the telephone networks.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Jon230
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

There is no dial tone but there is some noise on the line. Also like someone hasn't put their handset down on the other end!

Thank you

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for confirming @Jon230 🙂

I've arranged for an engineer to take a look at it as it's a physical fault and you can see the details and re-arrange the visit via your online account . Do keep us updated as to how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa 

Jon230
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your help the phone line is working again. Not sure if your engineer has done something or it just started to work again?

Thanks again.

Can you cancel the engineer if there was one scheduled?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Jon230

Will ensure that no engineers visit your property in regards to this issue from hereon.

Do please feel free to come back to the thread if you experience any further issues with the telephone line 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn