Menu
Ampersand
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Landline cut when gardening!

Hi,

My mom has accidentally cut the Virgin media phone line cable when gardening and has lost telephone connections. 

Their cable broadband is still working as that appeared to be in a sheathed protector. 

Can someone advise how to escalate an engineer call out?  Someone was due on Monday but was a no-show, and the telephone support hasn’t been helpful!

I’m not living with them, but will share their details so someone can get in touch to progress as they are currently shielding. 

Thanks,

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline cut when gardening!

Hi Ampersand, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Parent's services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration and worry for them. I would be more than happy to look into this for you guys. I will send you a PM now so I can locate their account and get this underway.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Ampersand
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  

Web chat has told her that due to lockdown there are restrictions in place and they aren’t a priority, which hasn’t helped their isolation blues! 

I appreciate that lockdown is causing problems for many, especially front line workers, but they haven’t been given a resolution route or date yet. 

0 Kudos
Ampersand
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

Small update on this thread.  Parents are still without a landline, and the service to book someone to come out and resolve this has confused them further.

On trying to book a slot for an engineer, their booking looks to be accepted but then a follow up text is sent to them saying "Sorry, since you're transferring your number from another provider we're unable to bring your install forward. Your appointment will still go ahead on the original date. Thanks for your patience. Virgin Media."

This is somewhat strange as they aren't transferring a number (have been a customer for many years) and doesn't tell them what the original or confirmed date for an engineer visit was!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Ampersand,

Thanks for coming back to us. I'm really sorry to see your parents been having further difficulty getting this booked in.

I have scheduled an appointment for this now for them - they should be able to view via their online My VM Account. I'm not sure why they have received the message about transferring the number but I've also emailed the Area Manager in the meantime regarding that just to make him aware.

If I hear anything in the meantime I will let you know! 

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Ampersand,

I've just sent you a private message just to confirm some account details.

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Thanks!

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos