Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Landline continually crackly after rain

Hi Forum team,

We have a continual problem with our Virgin landline. It's a separate copper connection from the road, and the connection "bomb" in the road often sits in a pool of water in the pit after any rain, rendering the line pretty much unusable due to crackling. In the past we've had engineers come out and diagnose/fix exactly the same issue every time, and the problem returns with the next shower of rain. We have been told by them that the best solution is to ask for "Century 21", where the phone line comes out of the router, and we do have a compatible router. I know this is available, but tech support keep telling me that it's not available to us yet, even though we heard about it 3 years ago. Without a decent connection, there's literally no point in having this phone line, and I may as well dump the service from Virgin.

Please Virgin Forum team, are you able to migrate our landline to Century 21, and get us back to a usable service? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline continually crackly after rain

Hi Hammy03, 

thanks for your post 🙂

I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with your landline I can certainly take a look into this for you, I will pop you over a private message asking or some details and we can go from there 

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline continually crackly after rain

Yes, please do, that would be great

0 Kudos