Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline connection to router

We have recently done some building work which disconnected our land line, we want to reconnect this through the Hub router, can you please confirm how we can do this? thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline connection to router

I am a virgin media field technician . All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experience with my own equipment at home. If my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful.

Why not save yourself £50 by referring a friend to virgin media. For more information please DM me

Has your landline always connected to your hub ,? 

If so connect your landline cable to the very top port at the back of the hub 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much fopr your reply.

Unfortunately previously the landline wasa  separate cable coming in through the wall, but due to building work we can't use that any more.

So I want to close that landline off and connec through the router instead. I have the connector for the phone to plug in to the router, but i think I need an engineer or someone to come ot our house to connect the landline through the router? is that right?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, Was your phone landline supplied by Virgin? As you say it is no longer in use, I assume that your broadband is working over Virgin cable and not over the landline.

Most physical phone lines are supplied through Openreach no matter the service provider. If it is this line that has been disconnected, and you want the phone service to be supplied over the virgin broadband connection, then you will need to get the service set up through VIRGIN. This is a logical set up and may require an addition or change to the router..

If your landline service account has not been discontinued you should be able to get the number switched across to the new service supplied by Virgin. Be sure to get the information required to transfer the phone number from your current service provider before issuing the disconnect instruction otherwise you will find that the number allocated tp your landline will have been released to a public pool and in my experience, is not retrievable in any way.