cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline connection to hub

Manz
Joining in

Now that landlines are connected via the hub, as our hub is upstairs, is there any way way for me to still have the landline phone downstairs without relocating the hub? Is it possible to get a powerline to extend the WI-FI and plug in the phone downstairs? 

thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

A powerline connection will not work for the phone, unfortunately.

Ask VM to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets plugged into the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Manz, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the location of the hub and the landline.
We can sort out a visit to get this relocated and the wires changed, this would be free of charge due to the switchover, let us know and we can get this arranged for you.

We do have Wi-Fi pods, which increase range and signal strength if that's what you're asking.
However, they don't have the capabilities to connect the telephone line as it is not the Hub but a Wi-Fi pod.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs