Menu
yok
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Landline compatible phone

Just changed to VM and having so many problems with landline phone cutting out.  Customer services just keep saying as its a Docsis line we need an IMS compatible phone, werent told this when we signed up.  Does anyone know which phones are compatible?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline compatible phone

So attempting to translate the rubbish you have been told by CSC, I take it you are a VOIP customer, i.e. your phone plugs into your hub3?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
yok
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes it does

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Then the theory is most handsets are compatible.

Ill ask the question behind the scenes, if there is limited compatibility (which I dont think there is) you should be informed at point of sale, and a list of compatible handsets should be provided.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
yok
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of this situation yok. Is the issue happening all of the time or intermittently as if it was the phone that wasn't compatible it wouldn't work any of the time. Are you losing WiFi or wired connection, when the issue is happening?

Have you got another cable that you could try to connect the phone to the hub with? We can then rule that out as possible issue. Sorry one more question, does your phone plug directly into the hub or do you have an adapter that plugs into the hub?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos