cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline changeover to fibre network

TonyBBBM63
Joining in

Like many I have received a text about the changeover of landline to fibre network, in my case in November.   I replied with "CALLBACK" a week ago but no-one has responded yet.   My concern is that the Ethernet ports on my hub aren't working ; that isn't a problem as everything is on WiFi, but I wonder whether this fault might also affect the TEL ports.  Is there an overlap period i.e. if the adaptor arrives and the phone doesn't work, will there be a period for which the old line will work until the Hub is replaced ?   Or do I need an engineer to change the hub before the changeover ?

7 REPLIES 7

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TonyBBM63,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear the ports on your hub aren't working. 

Which hub do you have? Have you been able to try multiple Ethernet cables on the ports?

^Martin

TonyBBBM63
Joining in

Thanks Martin for getting back to me.  It is Hub 3.   I have tried different cables.   When I first plug anything in, or reboot the hub, it sometimes works for a few hours but then stops again.   

Hi @TonyBBBM63, thank you for your response. 

Have you tested this on different devices? Also, do you have any additional networking equipment connected i.e. network switches?

Regards,
Daniel

TonyBBBM63
Joining in

Yes, tried on different devices and no, no other networking equipment connected.   

Hi @TonyBBBM63,

Have you had multiple devices connected simultaneously via ethernet cable? If so, when the connection is lost, do all devices lose connection at the same time?

If they do, have you tried doing a factory reset? Advice on how to do so can be found here

Regards,
Daniel

It is a long time since I tried anything.   I was happy with it working only on WiFi until the question of the phone line adapter came up.   I have only connected one device at a time.   I did a factory reset.

However, as of today, a laptop connected via Ethernet cable worked.   I am now thinking the problem may have been with Powerline Extenders.   Let's wait and see what happens when the phone line is connected.   We use the phone line very little anyway.

Hi @TonyBBBM63

Please let us know how you're getting on when the phone line is connected.

Regards,
Daniel