Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline - can't make or receive calls

Rosytimes
Joining in

Home phone can't make or receive calls. 

Home phone displays say " Please check the line cord."

Have unplugged and replugged into wall socket, tried a corded phone and still no dial tone. 

Strangely, neighbour had similar problem with internet last week and it was a problem with the exchange. It would appear mine has been off for a few days. 

Any advice please?

4 REPLIES 4

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Rosytimes,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting.

I am sorry to see your landline is not working.

I was unable to locate an account using your forums details, I will send you a private message so I can investigate this further.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rosytimes,

Thank you for reaching out to us via private message so we could take some additional details and have a closer look at things for you.

Following our checks and discussion there, I've arranged for an engineer to come and take a look at things for you. We're unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly for security reasons, but you can check via your My Virgin Media online account and reschedule if needed.

If you or anyone else in the home displays flu-like symptoms, tests positive for COVID, or is asked to self-isolate in the interim, please reschedule the appointment accordingly.

Let us know how it all goes for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you. Lovely engineer called on Friday and sorted it all out in no time. A fault had developed at the main point into the house so quickly rectified it. 

Thank you!

Hi Rosytimes,

Thanks so much for the update, we're pleased to hear that this has now been sorted for you.

If there's anything else you need or if you require any assistance in future, please don't hesitate to let us know from here.

Kindest regards

Beth

Beth