cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline calls

Acker
Joining in

My landline had a £ 63 call from number 0904 012 0597 i did not make this call. It is being investigated but how can this happen.

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Acker

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums! It's great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with a call charge! 

Can I ask what you mean when you say this is being investigated? Have you spoken with our customer service team via the phone at all? 

Thank you. 

goslow
Legend

@Acker wrote:

My landline had a £ 63 call from number 09## ### #### i did not make this call. It is being investigated but how can this happen.

You can look up the 09 number you have mentioned here

https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/service-checker

it is showing as an ICSS number to connect to a UK bank. The bank will have no involvement with the operation of the 09 number. ICSS numbers are explained here

https://psauthority.org.uk/News/Blog/2018/April/Call-connection-services--What-are-they

ICSS numbers charge premium rates.

If you can match the date/time of your call with possibly calling a bank then that would be your explanation.

That said, there have been many topics on here in the past where VM customers have been charged significant sums of money for 'phantom calls' to 09 premium rate numbers. If that is the case for you, then that would require further investigation by VM. A 'crossed line' is often put forward by VM as an explanation for phantom call charges.

Acker
Joining in

A technician is visiting our home,

regards Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that a Technician has been booked to investigate this issue. Please let us know how things go after the visit, or if you need any further assistance and we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ