cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline calls not connecting

Nicolanddj
Joining in

Hi, 

My landline has suddenly stopped working. There is no dial tone and nothing happens when I try to make an outward call, except that the buttons beep as usual when pressed. The recipient gets no call or even missed call.

When somebody tries to call the landline, it rings like normal on their side but nothing happens with our phone. 

I have bought a new phone thinking there was an issue with the old one but the same thing happens. Power is getting to the phone as the screen switches on. I have tried plugging the phone in to a different socket in the house to see if that fixed the issue but that didn’t work and I’m running out of ideas. 

4 REPLIES 4

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nicolanddj,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

It's good that you've already tried various other things to eliminate any possible issues, everything you've done is exactly what we normally ask first! 

The next thing we need to know is whether your landline plugs into the wall socket or into your Hub? 

Do you know whether your area is going through the digital switchover yet if you're still on copper lines? (Wall socket) 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan, 

It plugs into the wall. I’m not sure about any changeover I’m afraid, it’s not something I’m aware of. 

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming 🙂

So I can take a closer look at this for you, I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me over private message Nicolanddj,

Glad I was able to help 🙂 Please pop back and let us know how the engineer visit goes.

Alex_Rm