cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline answering machine

safetypin
Tuning in

Still getting the dialling tone on the landline saying there is a message on the answer phone? 
But no message received?

Any tips in getting rid of that tone please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Safetypin, 

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry to hear you're getting a notification for a voicemail that isn't there. Just to confirm, is it a broken dial tone you're receiving to indicate a message or is it something else?

Have you tried using a new handset at all?

I'd recommend leaving yourself an actual voicemail from another phone, then opening it on the landline and hopefully it should disappear

Keep us posted

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Safetypin, 

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry to hear you're getting a notification for a voicemail that isn't there. Just to confirm, is it a broken dial tone you're receiving to indicate a message or is it something else?

Have you tried using a new handset at all?

I'd recommend leaving yourself an actual voicemail from another phone, then opening it on the landline and hopefully it should disappear

Keep us posted

Beth

Yes will try leaving myself a message or a different handset??

If you're able to try both things, that would be great safetypin. 

If you do not have a spare handset you can try in the socket, please don't worry 🙂

Beth

Brilliant, I’ve left myself a message then deleted it & the dialling tone is now back to normal…

Thanx for your help👍

Thanks for letting us know this has worked for you @safetypin 

Great that this is resolved. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley