cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline also dead West Midlands

Doppler
Tuning in

After several calls to Virgin Media 150 since Sunday 29th May we are no closer to getting a working landline it seems., as Virgin are still using the copper BT cabling here. 

Best suggestions they have made so far is to

a) try a new phone in the socket.

b) borrow a phone from next door and try that.

c) try an old analogue phone ( still dosen't work)

Engineer was scheduled to call and has been cancelled by Virgin automatically twice with no notification to us.

Latest suggestion is leave it with Virgin for another 24 to 48 hrs. which will make it six days without a landline.

I it a scam to make me use my mobile phone more or what ???

Not good enough Virgin

8 REPLIES 8

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Doppler, 

Really sorry to hear about this. 

When you have spoken with the team - do they advise on what the issue is? Have you been able to check the service status page to see if there is an outage in the area https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status?. Normally when an engineer is cancelled like that it is due to the issue being a wider problem in your area rather than your account specific. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan

To be fair it wasn't an area problem on Sunday, as engineer was booked, that got upgraded to an area issue and that caused the engineer visit to get cancelled.

Tuesday I was told area fault was cleared and Virgin booked another engineer for today after I told em I would pay the £25 anyway to get it resolved.

Today was initially told area fault cleared, and when transferred to a senior person again they said no that information is wrong as there is still a fault, which they estimate will take 24 to 48 hrs to resolve, hopefully.

Website trouble shooter says there is no area fault, so we are stuck  

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate how the multiple mixed messages are not making things any clearer. 

All I could advise at this moment in time is to allow the 24-48 hours to pass - if this has been advised by the team over the phone, then I can imagine there would be an area issue, hence the 2nd appointment being cancelled also. If after that the issue is still present please get back in touch and we would be able to take it from there. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan

I get that but the frustration is the mixed messages, it is a fault in the area, then its ok and the faults with my phone ( which is not that old).

If one of the best suggestions is to borrow next doors phone and try that, then thats not a very good suggestion, as have you ever tried to borrow a phone ???

I get that I have to wait still longer, but looking at some of the posts on here it seems that its a much wider issue altogether.

Regards

Doppler

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I absolutely 100% understand, Doppler. 

You're quite right - borrowing a landline is a little bit... Moving on swiftly - I wouldn't put what you can see on the rest of the forums to the same issue you're having unless them same users are in the same area as to what you are. It's not determined what the issue is, or what is causing the issue. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan

Agreed I just have to wait it out, hopefully more 24 Hrs & not 48 Hrs.

Fingers crossed

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you over a private message just to have a look at the account to confirm 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all - glad I could make sure for you 🙂 

Cheers,

Ryan.