cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline adapter for HUB 4

stevegibson1956
Joining in

Have now tried three times to make headway. (Twice to India and one to The Philippines, (do you not have call centres in the UK?).

I have requested the adaptor and cable as laid out on page 17 of the installation instructions. Thought we had done it in one as the first call INDIA said would send it out will be approx 2-3 DAYS NOW THREE WEEKS!

Second call INDIA, end up being accused of not knowing what I was talking about. Very Rude. No further.

Third call this morning 22 minute wait (not bad, have known worse). Ended up another 24 minutes later with her saying she would have to find details of what I was referring to. After another 1o minutes the line went dead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The RJ11 to BT adapter is readily available on eBay for a few Pounds.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi stevegibson1956,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thanks for your first post.

I am very sorry to hear you've been struggling to get a landline adapter sent out to you - it sounds like you've had a very frustrating experience. 

I believe you are referring to the RJ11 adapters which allow you to connect your landline to your hub (provided you are set up for VOiP services). If this is the case, I'm afraid that we are unable to send these out as a delivery, so I do apologise if you have been told otherwise.

The good news is, is that we can ask your local Area Field Manager if one of our engineers can drop one off to you when they're next in the area - or alternatively, they can be purchased inexpensively online.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some account details from you and make contact with the Area Field Manager to enquire about dropping an adapter off to you.

Please do look out for my PM over at the purple envelope.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

The account requires setting up for VOIP which has also been mentioned in these phone calls so this needs to be done. At the cost we pay Virgin Media monthly we should not need to ask for the up to date services they should be automatic.

The main question unanswered is when are we going to be able to speak to a call centre in the UK instead of the other side of the world where for me are hard to understand.

Hi stevegibson1956,

We do have both onshore and offshore call centres - which agent you are connected to does all depend on the time of your call and the incoming call volumes at the time. I can assure you that all our agents do go through the same training and are capable of assisting with this, so I do apologise if you did not have the best experience.

Unfortunately we are unable to assist with package change requests from here and we do not usually migrate customers over to VOIP upon request, as this is something which we're trying to phase in more naturally through new installations and home moves. However you can call our home phone switch over team on 0800 0529 425 and we can get this looked into further for you.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

The RJ11 to BT adapter is readily available on eBay for a few Pounds.

--

Thank you for your reply but why should we pay more money out when the bill is already over £100 month?

Hi @stevegibson1956,

Thanks for getting back to the thread. I understand not wanting to purchase extra equipment. 

Have you been in touch with the home phone switch over team? If so, what did they advise about this situation?

Please keep us updated on this further so we can assist where we can. 

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@stevegibson1956 wrote:

Thank you for your reply but why should we pay more money out when the bill is already over £100 month?

It depends how soon you want your landline working. If you can't wait then buy the adapter as it's so cheap.

--

How do you get in touch with the home phone switchover team? I was given a telephone number 08000529425 by one of your colleagues yesterday. when you dial it says number has changed and dial 150! so would end up going round in circles again to India The Philippines etc. Not a very good service for over £1200 annually

Hello stevegibson1956

You can also send us a text with a description of your problem to 07533 051809
if it’s about your cable services, You will be placed in a the right by a bit first. 

Gareth_L