cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Switchover Concerns

Tuftybagpuss
Tuning in

Hi all. My elderly mum has VM TV and a landline, so no broadband/Wi-Fi. She does not possess a mobile and neither wants or needs broadband, but needs a phone to enable doctor surgery, hospital and family/friend calls. Is her only option now to cancel her VM landline and take out a mobile phone contract?

17 REPLIES 17

Thanks @Tuftybagpuss.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me and I'll see what we can do for you 😊

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Your mum has a TiVo and as advised it's on its way out and being replaced with the V6* or 360 box. You should consider this migration now as it will need just a single tech visit to get the hub, box and phone installed. The V6 and 360 have their differences but one which may be relevant is that the 360 remote enables voice commands.

* I think the V6 is still offered as a migration but I'm not wholly sure.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks for the info

Hi there William, 

David is no longer in the office so I'm just taking this over so we can get this looked into as soon as possible. 

I have raised a complaint for your Mum and assigned it to our vulnerability team so they can take a look into this for us, I have included the number and email you have given for them to contact. I have also listed what needs to be arranged so the team should be up to date and ready to help. 

Thank you so much again for your time, 

Ash

Thanks Ash

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem Tuftybagpuss,

If there are any updates then the team will be in touch with yourself.

Regards,

Kain

Good morning Ash. No-one from the Vulnerability Team has contacted me nor my mum, yet I received an email today the contents of which I have copied below fyi. I’ve no idea who they chatted to!!

Customer account number: [REMOVED]
Complaint reference: [REMOVED]

Hello Lucy Pauline,  

Thanks so much for the chat on 12/04/2023. We’re very happy to be able to resolve things for you.

Here’s a quick recap

Your complaint was:
Home Phone -> Faults -> Other

And here’s what we agreed:
Customer Experience -> Agent or Technician Professionalism - Internal feedback provided

I would therefore appreciate if you could find out what is going with the status of my request to have a technician call to my mum’s home to install a new hub and I believe a new to box(?) on Saturday 22 April 2023.

Thanks,

William Pauline

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Hi @Tuftybagpuss,

I'm very sorry for any confusion and upset caused here. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments, so please respond to that when you can and we'll go from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!