cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Switch

Anonymous
Not applicable

Landline was disconnected 18th May without warning. No email/letter received with any instructions.

Called customer services on Sunday and was told it would be reconnected in 72 hours. Called again today. First told that an engineer was due to visit today. Then told I would have to be put through to sales team to arrange a  new contract.

Can someone help please. Customer of over 20 years. Previously had a TV package but never broadband. I just need a working land line asap. Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ronaldo71, thanks for joining our help forums and for your first post here.

A warm welcome to the VM community, great to have you on board. 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the landline disconnection and the issues you've been experiencing, we'd love to best assist with these.

So we can best advise you on this, we'll need a bit more info.

With regards to the disconnection, did our team advise as to why this has happened and what's the reason we were unable to reach you about this change as we usually do?

Are you aware if your email and contact info are up-to-date and do you receive all other sorts of communications from us on your email or via post in general?

Lastly, if one of the services has disconnected and we brought it back on we'd need to resend the correct contract documents to reflect this - this would mean a new contract deal that includes a landline on a price that suits you.

Also, you won't have to pay for broadband if the only services you want are TV and landline but we'd still need to fit a hub in case the line is via fibre optics. 
Read more here about this landline change.

Have you managed to speak with the relevant team and get a new bundle that has your landline on?

Let us know where you are with this process and what's the advice about getting your old line back on and active so we can help out based on this feedback.

Cheers,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received one SMS on 4th May which unfortunately I missed. The SMS tells me to refer to the letter or email. I received notification of your latest bill on 29th April, so you have the correct details. You obviously have my current address.

I dont want TV or broadband. If I need the latter to get a working phone line then thats okay. Just need to know what to do next to resolve this please.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the reply and for sharing more, Ronaldo71.

We can assist with arranging this change if you haven't yet, please allow us to explain a couple of things we find necessary at this point.

a) as we don't support package changes its is really important to know if you've sorted this out or not yet so we can see how to best help you.

b) your billing email may or may not differ from your contact email on the account, please check your MyVM account here and go to Account
settings>Account details>Contact Info to see if that's up to date too so we can advise more.

c) have we reconnected the landline yet or do you need help with that too and if so, is your old number ported in or this change is pending?

Please, share more on the above so we can provide the best course of action for you and do this with as little hassle as possible.

Adri
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

a) No, I havent arranged a new package. Called yesterday and was cut off after spending 10 minutes explaining the situation. I called again later and was told some would be calling me back. Still waiting

b) email is up to date. This is a side issue. The problem is that my landline was disconnected a week ago 

c) No the landline is not reconnected hence why i made this post yesterday. I am going round in circles here and being given conflicting information. If it can be reconnected using the copper wiring please do so. If not, I need help arranging an engineer visit to install fibre.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for sharing more with us and sorry to hear of this experience so far, Ronaldo71.

This is not what we want for our customers, I'm therefore happy to jump in and see how we can assist you.

In order to be able to have a look for you and help I will send a PM shortly.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team