cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Switch G23

iainmonty50
Joining in

When will the landline switch happen in the G23 postcode area?

I have a fault with my current handset and it would be annoying to replace and then discover it will have to be replaced again for the new setup.

3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @iainmonty50 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We’re working hard so all customers will be able to get the new Fibre service and we aim to swap all our customers over by 2025. 

Unfortunately, we can't provide a specific date for you, but you should receive a letter confirming this in due course.

Information on the Fibre landline service can be found here

What's the fault you're currently experiencing? Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

goslow
Alessandro Volta

No reason you shouldn't buy a replacement phone now if your current one is faulty. A modern phone should work with the phone connection from the hub.

But, with the phone switchover in mind, IMO the best kind of setup to use with the phone-via-hub is probably a cordless phone system (as this removes the need for rewiring phone extensions post-switchover). Plug the cordless base station into the hub and buy a system with a suitable number of satellite handsets to use around your home as required.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The RJ11 phone sockets on the hub are analogue phone sockets, so are a direct replacement of the wall socket. Any modern landline phone should therefore work with these sockets.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks