Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline Porting Issues

I am having a lot of trouble porting over my landline number from Plusnet to Virgin. The request was first made in September and again on 24th October. Were were not informed that there was a problem. it just didn't take place. I am now informed that because the PLusnet contract has expired (4th November) it can no longer be completed. I have contacted both sides (Plusnet & Virgin). They have both blamed each other for the mistake. How can I get this solved? This number belongs to my 75 year old parents who have had the same number for 50 years. It is causing real problems including missed medical appointments.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Porting Issues

Hi kannikar, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am really sorry to hear about what has happened here. We would only be able to bring the number over to us if the account was still active, which I can see from your post it isn't. I will send you over a private message to see if there is anything I can do - I can't make any promises but I can at least try 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. 

I can see from the notes on the account today that you have been advised that the number is inactive and we're unable to process the port we did request it but it was rejected due to it being inactive. If you could have mentioned this in your original post I wouldn't have taken up any of your time clearing security. There is nothing else I can do from here. I apologise. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You had plenty of time to process the number port whilst the account was still active. We did not wait until the number was inactive before requesting the port. It was requested in September and then again in October. Both dates well before the 4th November when the contract finished with the previous provider. It was not ported. We were not informed that there was a problem and so were unable to intervene to prevent this situation. The number has now been lost due to Virgin Media's incompetence. I am extremely unhappy with this situation. Please advise me as to whom I contact for compensation for the missed medical appointments, mental anguish, hours of time spent contacting yourselves and the hours that will now have to be spent contacting a vast range of organisations, family and friends informing them of a new phone number.

0 Kudos