Menu
Gordon_Scotland
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Landline Phone not receiving calls

Help please!! We switched to Virgin Media at the beginning of March and since then we have been unable to receive incomming calls. The hospital and others dialling can hear the phone ringing out and can leave a message but we do not hear anything and have no way of obtaining the messages.

We can however dial out.

This has now become urgent as already missed two hospital messages (thankfully via mobile) but concerned about other calls.

We have submitted two complaint forms and a letter but have had no response, can anyone please help?

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Phone not receiving calls

Hi @Gordon_Scotland

Thanks for taking the time to post your issue on our forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your landline, when you came over to us, did you port your number or take a Virgin Media number? 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Gordon_Scotland
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven, thanks for replying. When we were at Sky we had two numbers, one internet phone and a landline. The wrong number has been set-up by Virgin as they have set-up the land line using our internet phone number. The number was not ported across from our internet phone supplier.

Originally I noticed a "temporary" land line number on our account that has now been changed to the (incorrect) internet phone number.

Consequently our telephone is "live" in both places and I fear that we will be charged by both for certain calls not covered by respective tariffs.

Please try to help as we haven't received a call since early May nor felt comfortable making a call.

I think all that is required is for Virgin to change the land line number back to the temporary one or allocate another number and then for someone to advise on the router setup.

We never had this problem with Sky or with Virgin previously so assume it's related to the incorrect allocation by Virgin of our existing land line number.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Gordon_Scotland

I'm going to Private Message you now in order for us to confirm a few details to get this sorted for you, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gordon_Scotland,

How has things been since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Gordon_Scotland
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey_C and thanks for asking.

No progress I'm afraid. still dont have a land line to receive calls.

I exchanged PM's with Travis_M who had hoped that he would have fixed the problem however not so.

Instead of just "dialing out" when calling but without ringing at home the message now being received by callers is "This number has not been recognised".

We really have been let down by Virgin, who don't appear to have anyone who can recognise the problem and fix it.

PS my number is still live and I can still dial out - just unable to receive calls.

Gordon

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the reply and update, Gordon,

I'll escalate this to second line fault to have a look at the call routing

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Gordon_Scotland
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey_C, regrettably so far there has been no change, I still don't gave a land line that can receive calls and I still don't have any response to my complaints.

Gortdon

0 Kudos
Gordon_Scotland
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven_L, regrettably I still do not have a land line that can receive calls and I still don't have any replies to my complaints.

Gordon

Tags (3)
0 Kudos