Menu
AlisonW31
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Landline Number Transfer gone from Bad to Worse!

On 24 March, following our house move, an engineer set up our Hub and we were advised our old telephone number would be transferred within 14 days.

On 7 April, we checked our phone line and found that we could dial out, but couldn’t receive calls. As the phone situation didn’t change, we again phoned on 14 April, and after over an hour speaking to 3 different people, I was told I would be transferred to the Faults team. Unfortunately at this point the battery on my phone ran out.

Since then, I have made 5 further attempts to be put back in contact with the Faults team using a transfer code I was given, but have just been left on hold every time.

Now I cannot dial out either, and attempts to contact them via mobile have proved unsuccessful. On my most recent call, I was told I would be transferred within 30 seconds only to be on hold for a further 25 minutes, and then an automated message said the centre was now closed.

Being a customer for around 30 years, I find this service totally unacceptable and very annoying with so much time wasted! I am in an area with poor mobile phone reception and currently have an unusable landline, so have no way of being contacted.

I would appreciate any help or advise you can give me as I don’t know what else to do!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Number Transfer gone from Bad to Worse!

Hi AlisonW31, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your landline. I tried looking into this using your forum details but unfortunately that wasn't successful. I'd like to see what we can do to help - please look out for my PM so we can confirm a few details and investigate further. 

Tom 

0 Kudos