Menu
JayM
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline Number Porting Issue

I joined VM in February this year and had asked for the number to be ported from my previous ISP (BT).

This did not happen so I used the Message Us portal. Still nothing happened.

So I emailed a complaint. I got an automated text message to reply to which was eventually picked by a human being. They confirmed (by text) that I have raised this matter a couple of times so they will pass it onto to the relevant department to look into (this was on 17Apr). 

Since then, it's been radio silence.

I noticed a charge from BT on my bank statement (long after leaving and joining Virgin Media) so got in touch with them, They advised that my new ISP had declined the request for taking over the number so the account remained active (and got charged to me by direct debit).

After reading some of the threads on the VM Community pages ,it appears to be a fairly common issue that the landline number porting fails when joining VM.

I hope this can be resolved asap as it's dragged on for more than 3 months and cost me a fair bit of money.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Number Porting Issue

Good Morning JayM,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that we've had an issue with porting the number over from BT to our services

I've dropped you a PM and this can be picked up via the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of your screen

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
JayM
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello David,

I have not received anything in my inbox other than the welcome emails etc. I mean nothing that's related to the issue of number porting.

Thanks

Jay

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JayM,

I've tried the PM again, plese review your Community Forums inbox to see if this has landed and respond

Thank you

David

0 Kudos