cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Number Port

midsomerjambo
Joining in

Hello,

When I joined VM earlier this year, I was told my BT landline number would be automatically ported. As I rarely use the landline it's only just occurred to me why we don't receive any calls on it - the number wasn't ported at all and we have been allocated a number we weren't even aware of. I only worked that out by calling my mobile from the landline to see a totally unfamiliar calling line ID. How can I get in touch with VM to get this sorted as it seems all their support provision is via FAQ. I want to contact them via email, if possible and not by calling them.

Regards, Midsomerjambo

7 REPLIES 7

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @midsomerjambo 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you again for posting. Can I ask when you left BT and joined with us?

Hi - it was towards the end of April this year.

Hi @midsomerjambo, thank you for your response.

As far as you're aware, is the number you want to be ported over still active? 

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel - I've no idea I'm afraid. The number is [removed] and if I try calling it, I get a ringing tone for about a minute then it hangs up.

Regards, Gerry

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Just to clarify, is your landline account with BT still active? As we would only be able to port the number over if your BT landline is active and working https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/keep-my-number  Please let us know so we can best advise.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

midsomerjambo
Joining in

My BT account was closed when I transferred to Virgin in April 2023.

Thank you for your response @midsomerjambo 

In this case, we would be unable to port the landline number as the account and number had been closed for a period of time. We can understand if this is not the news you were looking to hear. We also apologise on behalf of our team. 

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs