Menu
PatrickCorbyn
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline Number Port

During these heightened times, I am finding it impossible to get through to CS on the phone. What I would like to do is port my long standing BT number over to my existing VM landline, to enable me to cancel BT permanently.

Is there an easy way to do this without having to get in touch by phone ? Live Chat does not seem to be enabled currently. Therefore, is there an e-mail address I can write to, please ?

Any help gratefujlly received.

Stay safe 🙂

0 Kudos
C_Butcher86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline Number Port

Hi,
Please send me a PM (hover over my name) with your account number area ref and landline you want to be moved and I can do this for you.
Thanks Chris

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

PatrickCorbyn
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Chris,
Thank you so much for your kind offer of help.
Just to sum up, my details are as follows : [removed].

How long does the process take ?

Many thanks. Keep up the good work and stay safe.

Patrick Corbyn

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
chrisharlow
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I joined Virgin media a month ago and called to arrange a port - It had always been my intention to keep my pre-existing landline number.

They said it can take around 2 weeks but it has been 4 now. Meanwhile I am paying for 2 lots of internet and landline. My annual saving of switching to Virgin has almost completely gone down the drain now. 

My previous provider says my service with them will automatically be stopped once the port is done by Virgin.

Starting to wish I hadn't switched 😞

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning chrisharlow,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you

Sorry to hear we've been having issues with your landline port

I'd like to take a closer look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn