Menu
sjhussey
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline Number Port from Sky to Virgin

When I signed up to Virgin I asked for my old landline number to be ported.  My Virgin install was setup for the 13th April and my Sky service was ending on the 14th April.

The Virgin installer told me on the 13th April that he had requested a port request and it would take 24 hours.  Didn't happen.

On the 20th April I called Virgin and they said they would raise the port request again and it would take 8 days

On 1st May I called Virgin again and I was told Sky hadn't approved the port request and I needed to contact them.  Sky informed me the port request was approved on the 14th April and as the line take over was complete there was nothing more they could do and Virgin needed to contact BT Open Reach if there was a problem.

4th May I called Virgin who investigated and could see there was a problem and needed to raise another port request.  I was called a few times on progress (the lady was great) and on the 21st May I was told it was all approved and the port would happen on the 28th May.

1st June (today) called Virgin again as the port hasn't happened and was told I should have received a notification that the port was cancelled on the 22nd May as the number wasn't active with Sky.  I was advised to call Sky to get the number activitated so the port request can be raised again.

Still trying to get hold of Sky but remembered what Sky told me on the 1st May so called Virgin back to ask what my options are if Sky give me the same answer.  Virgin has now advised me that I should have kept my Sky telephone service active for a month after the Virgin install date in order for the number port to happen.  With the Sky service cancelled on 14th April without the port being done I have lost the number.

I wish I was told that at the start but can someone confirm the last advice given is correct and I should stop chasing the port request please?

Also is there nothing more Virgin can do with BT OpenReach to try to get this number?

Thanks in advance.  

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Number Port from Sky to Virgin

Hello sjhussey

Thanks for your post 

Sorry tio hear of the issues you have been having with this port.

From what you have written. This number would not be possible top bring over now with it being disconnected. 

The only possible way is to get reconnected with the original supplier and request the port again 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
sjhussey
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Number Port from Sky to Virgin

That's what I thought.  Thanks Gareth.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team