Menu
Ali31
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Landline Number Not Ported Over!!!

• I have just recently moved my landline and broadband over from Sky to Virgin Media and requested my landline number to be ported over. But it hasn't. I have contacted virgin media countless times and one time when I called them it said it would take 10 days to transfer over. I also called Sky to check if it was fine for my old number to be ported and they said yeah we can see that Virgin have requested to transfer the number everything looks good. I waited 10 days then got a text from Virgin Media saying your landline number cannot be ported because your previous supplier has disconnected your line. Called Virgin again and then said the number has gone back to BT and then he contacted BT and said the number should be ported in 48 hours. I have now waited more the 48 hours and my landline number has still not been ported over. I have had this landline number for 15+ years, all the family and  friends have this number and my doctor and hospital contacts this number frequently for appointments. Virgin Media has now said to me TWICE your number should be ported over and still nothing. Can someone please help and resolve this issue????
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Number Not Ported Over!!!

The important thing here is, when you moved from Sky, did you request that Sky cancel the broadband and phone? The reason I ask is that if you did cancel the contract, that would be fine for the broadband provision but if there is a cancellation request against the phone number, that in itself will block the number porting from doing ahead. You have to keep the phone contract in place without cancelling it (even if it means paying twice) and only when the number ports across does the cancellation proceed and then you can stop paying Sky.

I admit that it's not at all obvious that this is the process you have to follow, and you really should have been advised that this is what you needed to do, probably by VM as it's not really up to Sky to let you know as you are leaving them.

From your description it does sound as if there was a disconnection/cancelation request against the line, VM did request the port to take place but that failed because of the pending disconnection. After a period of time, the number is released back to BT to be reallocated.

I'm afraid that I'm not too hopeful that you can ever get this number back if indeed it has been reallocated back to BT. You best chance isn't when a member of the forum team get to this thread, they may offer to contact you directly, take some details from you in a private message and see what they can do.

@Forum_Team any chance of taking a look at this?

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Number Not Ported Over!!!

Hi and welcome to our Virgin Media community forums Ali31.

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with your number transfer. I would like to take a further look into this for you, I have sent over a private message, please reply with the requested information and I can do this for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos