Menu
GuruRobskii
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Landline Number Lost?

Hi, 

I took over my mothers bill due to her being admitted into hospital long term. I was under the impression that everything would remain the same but I have found out the number we have had for 25+ years has been taken off. I have called up and they said this happens 100% of the time during account changeovers. However, I took over the bill from my father when he past 8 years ago. I also then gave the account to my mother when moving out. Both these times, the number remained. Can anything be done to get this number back? This is causing a lot of issues as Banks etc for my mother contact on this number and I can't change details over.

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Number Lost?

How long has the previous account been disconnected, and was it originally a VM number or was it ported from BT? If It's a Virgin official number then you can request a reserve over the phone and usually 24 hours after the request someone will check to see if it's unassigned, if so then they will go ahead and replace the existing number with your previous one, if the number belonged to BT and it's been over 2 weeks then you can try request a reserve however it may have been transferred back to BT.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Number Lost?

Hi GuruRobskii,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum.

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems that you've been having. In order to take a closer look at this for you, I'll just need to confirm some details with you via Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your page.

Many thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos