Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline Number Changed

My landline number has changed, not sure when but we have had the "original" number from VM for 20 years.  No change of contract or using another supplier.

Made for some confusing conversations my Mother had with the person who now has my number, although they thought they had a different number so they seem to have had the same issue.

Went through the automated phone system which has booked me an engineer for Friday but not sure it needs an actual visit.  Surely just something at VM's end to be re-configured.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline Number Changed

Crossed line in the cabinet most likely. They will need to visit to make sure it’s been fixed at your end.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi bizzeh,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry for any confusion regarding your landline number, I've been able to locate your account using your forums details and can confirm the engineer visit is what's needed to get to the bottom of this.

Let us know how it goes.

Alex_Rm

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

Just didn't want a visit if it was something that didn't need it.

We'll see what's happened on Friday and hopefully get the number back.
0 Kudos