cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Not working

Mark26
Joining in

Hi

There seems to be an issue with my landline (I am in the NR6 area), I do not know when it started although I believe it was in the last hour or 2, I use a cordless phone and if the is an issue with the line it shows on screen to check the landline, I do not recall seeing it a few hours ago. having checked I don't see any issues my end, My phone has no dial tone (I have also checked by using a different handset to no success), using the online service status tool shows no issue. and to top it all off I am unable to use my VM mobile to call as I am getting no service on it.

Any help of information that can be passed would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to me @Mark26

I've taken a look at our systems and can see there is an outage that is impacting your area, resulting in a loss of your Virgin Media Telephone service(s)

Our engineer is working to fix the problem and we expect to have this repaired by 23:25.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mark26,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post 🙂

It's great to have you on board with us here!

I am sorry you're having some issues with your landline. That's not ideal at all!

Can I ask if you've taken a look at the self care checks here - Why is my Virgin Landline not working? 

If this doesn't help, let us know so we can offer further support where required. 

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi Ayisha_B

I have done the testing your wiring and sockets, locating the test socket I have tested 2 different phones and I have no dial tone

Thanks for coming back to me @Mark26

I've taken a look at our systems and can see there is an outage that is impacting your area, resulting in a loss of your Virgin Media Telephone service(s)

Our engineer is working to fix the problem and we expect to have this repaired by 23:25.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

@Ayisha_B

Thank You for letting me know.

Regards Mark

You are very welcome.

If you have any further issues after this, just give me a shout. 

All the best!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team