forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Pcd24
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline Not ringing

Handset light flashes when I have an incoming call but there is no ring tone. If I see the light flashing I can answer the call ok.

Have an engineer booked for Friday morning. Have spoken to a very nice lady at VM who tried all sorts but finally had to leave it for the engineer.

HOWEVER, having spoken to a neighbour with VM landline, they are having the same problem so I suspect it is a network issue?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Not ringing

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, Pcd24,

Sorry to hear that you have been having landline issues. We would be unable to advise what the nature of the fault might be. It may be network related, however if nothing has been posted on the service status page: https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

Then it will require the engineer to come out and have a look at your connection and make that assessment.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Pcd24
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey,

VM arranged an engineer's visit for my neighbour (9th Feb) who had the same issue suggesting it was likely to be his handset.

However he received a text the day of my engineer's visit (5th Feb) saying it was network issue and his appointment was postponed.

My engineer was not aware, however on checking my phone, it was indeed fixed.

Communication within VM?

All now OK.

Pete

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Pete.

Thanks for coming back to us.

My apologies for the overall issue but I am glad it's fixed. Please do keep us posted should you ever need us

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos