Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Landline Not letting me call out

Good Morning, Since last night My home phone has stopped allowing me to call out.  When I go to dial, instead of a dial tone, I just get what's best described as a "rustling" sound, and no dial tone.

I've checked the service status, and it's only showing tv issues in my area, nothing for phones.

Im in the CM18 area of Harlow, can anyone else advise if they're having problems please?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Not letting me call out

Hi Ajf33, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having some landline issues this morning, I can assure you it's not the level of service we aim to provide. 

I've had a look at the back end of things from here and can see that since posting the team have picked this up and will ensure somebody is out ASAP to get this fixed. 

Please keep us posted with how you get on. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emma, after nearly 2 hours on the phone I got through to someone who says its showing as a system fault on your system, and has arranged a technician to come out later today (as my partner is classed as a priority need) so hopefully it'll be sorted by tonight! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry it took that long on the phone, we can appreciate any frustration that might cause. 

Do let us know how things go and once it's resolved 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emma, it was a bit frustrating!

Engineer has been, and converted our phone to go through the modem, so we are back up and running!

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey ajf33,

So pleased to hear you're back up and running, we appreciate you popping back to let us know. Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.

Give us a shout if you need anything else.

Stay safe and take care.

Beth

0 Kudos