cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline - Not Working

ACundy
Tuning in

Noticed our landline was not working last evening (Sunday). No dial tone. Inbound calls ring but do not connect when answered. Contacted support this morning, rather difficult to understand each other. Initially, she said there was no fault she could see and was going to book an engineer, then suddenly said there is a fault in the area and engineers are working on it. My concern is that Service Status is showing phone OK, though an issue with TV in the area. That said I'm not sure I trust the service status page! We have had exactly the same problem before and I'm pretty sure it was a problem in a local exchange box, hardly surprising as they are often open. The question is, is there anyone from Virgin who could confirm there is actually a ticket raised? The partial PC is IG2 7 . Can provide full PC via private message. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ACundy 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the phone line issue. No issues are showing for me when I have checked so hopefully that means the issue has been resolved.

Are you plugged into a Master Socket or an extension lead?

Do you have any pieces of equipment plugged into the phone socket? If so, is it more or less than three?

Finally, could you unplug and re-plug in the phone for me? Have you also got another handset you can try?

Keep me posted on the above as we want to ensure this is sorted 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

ACundy
Tuning in

Not sure what you mean by master socket. We have a box at point of ingress that has a cable running to the hub/STB but no phone port unless I need to take the whole cover or the unused bit off. We only have 1 phone socket which is away from the ingress box. Pretty sure last time it was an exchange fault, maybe a problem with up or down line not being connected, might be dreaming that though!

ACundy
Tuning in

If I call it from my mobile it rings and caller ID shows correctly however when answered the landline handset is dead and it keeps ringing on the mobile.

ACundy
Tuning in

Wall box is one of these I think.s-l1600.png

Hi @ACundy 

Thanks for coming back to me.

Have you been able to try another handset at all?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

ACundy
Tuning in

Nope. Don't have one.

OK thanks, I'll send you a PM to discuss this further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ACundy 

Thanks for joining me on PM and confirming your details so I can book the tech visit in and the migration also.

Please do let me know how it goes and also if you ever need anything, pop back to the community 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team