cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Not Working

OliverX
On our wavelength

Our landline stopped working last Friday, 4th Nov.  Worked for a few hours on Saturday but then went off again and has been off since. Have tried a standalone corded phone in the main socket. That doesn't work either.Service Status does not show up any problems in this area.

Tried phoning Technical Support from my payg mobile. Ended up being told the VM are dealing with an ongoing problem with Broadband and TV in this area. Nothing about phones.

Went on Twitter. VM eventually said to try the WhatApp team.

Spent over 3 HOURS with WhatsApp team finishing with being told to phone Technical Support - I had started by telling them I had phoning the Technical Support number with no success.

Any suggestions for what I can do to get my landline working????

1 REPLY 1

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @OliverX,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having problems with your Landline, and have had trouble getting in touch. I've taken a look at things on our end, and I can see that there is currently an ongoing outage in your area, the details are as follows:

Outage Type: SNR - You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then.
Outage Reference: F010209364
Estimated Fix Time: 07 NOV 2022 at 09:00

However, at present, it is showing your Landline in uncontactable, which can indicate a further problem that is not affected by the outage. Please look out for my private message, so we can look into getting one of our Technicians out.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ