Menu
JohnCW
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline Not Working

Found out earlier today no one can call me and I cannot call out. Have been through all of the "so called" tests online. Checked my phone by using it in a neighbours socket, all fine. Have had this once before.

Bearing in mind I am awaiting an operation for cancer and they will 'phone me soon when I am supposed to go for a Covid test prior to admission. have been waiting for this operation since February 2020

Nightmare, just cannot get a real person to get it sorted.

Strangely enough my 'package' expires on 4 October 2020, perhaps a good time to change.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline Not Working

Hi @JohnCW,

Thank you for posting on the community forums, I am sorry that you're experiencing some issues with your landline service and for any additional stress caused by this.

I've been able to locate your account and I can see that there is currently an ongoing fault in your area which is causing you to have some service downtime. Your services are estimated to be restored at around 03:00am 29th September. 

I appreciate that you are expecting an important call, so what we can do is add a call divert on your landline so that any incoming calls are diverted to a mobile. If you would like me to set that up for you please let me know.

Once the divert has been added, to activate it, you'll need to enter in the following command on your landline to get it set up :

✱70 Diverted Number (inc STD/UK dialing code)

Beth

JohnCW
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. Have now managed to contact the Hospital via my mobile and they have altered their records as far as contact details are concerned. I'll leave the call divert option as not required at the moment.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnCW,

Thank you for coming back to me. I'm so glad to hear you were able to contact the hospital, that has given me some peace of mind.

If you do need anything else in the meantime, please don't hesitate to drop us a message below.

Kind regards,

Beth