Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Landline Not Ringing or Registering incoming calls

Hi

All but given up trying to get through by phone.

Yesterday our area lost all internet for a short period. Since then i have not been able to receive incoming phone calls. It was working perfectly before the internet went down as took incoming calls in the morning.

I can dial out, have a dial out ringing noise but when someone phones, the phone does not ring nor does any calls register on my call history.

Working from home, you can imagine this is abit of an issue.

Reading other threads on this, it seems its to do with the main junction box and line needing changes, EN8 0XE area.

As mentioned, had this phone for a while and always worked fine right upto the issue yesterday lunchtime when everything went down and once it came back, unable to receive incoming calls. Rang from number from my mobile and i get the ringing tone but nothing on my landline

Can you assist

Thanks

Lee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Not Ringing or Registering incoming calls

Any chance of a reply please Virgin. Working from home and you have a fault on my line which is stopping me receiving incoming calls and its clearly a fault your end. No response is not what i expect when paying what i pay for your services.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee1969,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the phone line issues.

I've checked the system today and can see you've got an engineer visit booked in. 

Please let us know how the engineer visit goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

It fixed itself so i cancelled the appointment. So basically from Thursday lunchtime to Sunday there was the fault on the line, which as usual did not show up on your faults in area page as this is always about 3 days behind and rarely shows faults when they happen, but it seems Virgin were aware of a fault and fixed it. 

Customers know things can go wrong and understand that but the frustration is Virgin not recognising faults and not showing on known area faults and then never answering telephone calls when trying to report it.

Lee

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi I'm having a problem with landline as well, phone systems "check phone line". there is no dialing tone. if I dial my number from my mobile it rings in ear but not on landline phone, it allows me to leave a msg on answer phone but no msg is on it when I check. I have unplugged the phones but nothing seems to work. any help please??

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

sorry that should have said phone says " check phone line"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same issue with my landline - it stopped working a week ago. An engineer came out yesterday and the cable to my house is OK but when he went to check at the local exchange/cabinet - all the connections between the hardware and cables were missing... He thinks this is what happens when the "network team" are upgrading a cabinet so he would try and escalate the fault.

I've heard nothing in advance about my phone line disappearing for a week or more & nothing about a credit to my account for a service I'm not using - I asked it here as a question and the questions' been missed/ignored. I'll give it a few days then start phoning customer services (though apparently that isn't going to work) so I guess BT or CityFibre might be next? I hope you get yours sorted soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi my phone is still not working, people have been leaving msgs for me but nothing is coming through. there is still no dialling tone but if anyone calls it rings to them and allows them to leave a msg. I am unable to get thru on Virgin as it just keeps putting me on hold. can anyone advise me what to do please?